I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Great Britain Forum

I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Great Britain Forum

My partner and me personally you want to invest some times in London in September

My spouse is filipina, she’s the belgian residency card and filipino passport.

We do not find appropriate subjects about it, also on embassy web web site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter along with her passport, residency card, wedding and birth certification, DO SHE HAVE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR PERHAPS NOT ?

We should prevent the traditions in UK telling us “No, no entry, your lady requires a visa. “

The visa costs 170EUR here, that is quite a cost

Many Thanks beforehand for the answers or advice

12 replies for this subject

Maybe you have checked from the following internet site?

It seems IF she has an Article 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen” that she may not need a visa

Needless to say we examined this amazing site but :

Are you travelling with or visiting either your lover or even a grouped member of the family in the united kingdom?

This is the concern we do not realize : does it imply the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or european nationality ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

Whenever we reply no, then the visa becomes necessary

For people you can find different definitions. Im perhaps maybe not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, maybe not english.

Exactly what your spouse requirements is determined by which type of residence card she’s got. You will find three kinds. Then she only needs a wedding certificate to prove she is married to you (plus a valid passport of course) if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 (with the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of the Directive (with the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”).

If she’s got a residence card released under Belgian domestic legislation which will be maybe not a write-up 10 or Article 20 card as above, then she additionally needs to https://russianbrides.us/ make an application for an EEA Family allow. There’s absolutely no cost for obtaining an EEA Family permit.

In a choice of situation, she’s just eligible to journey to the united kingdom WITH you, or you are already here and she is travelling to meet you (and she can prove it) if she is travelling. Like said, it really is your responsibility to check on your situation that is own the conditions for entry are explained right right here:

Your spouse is travelling to you, you are (presumably) the owner of a EEA country passport. The point that is critical – and just you are able to respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure having an explicit mention of Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

Which is demonstrably shown in the her F card “Residency card of member of the family of an EU citizen”, so I assume we are going to avoid to pay for useless charge. Many Many Many Thanks plenty for the good and quick responses

HI, i will be in the exact same situation while you: i am a Belgian, real time and work with Belgium, my spouse is Kenyan, she’s got an Belgium F card. This indicates it is maybe not articles 10 card, therefore I guess we want an EEA household license. This will depend as to how you see the question regarding the gov.uk site as previously mentioned before : are you travelling with or visiting either your spouse or a relative in the united kingdom? so, does which means that i want to live or are an Belgium in the united kingdom or otherwise not? I just desire to bring a tourist see beside me n my spouse to London for X-mas.

The second issue: whenever we assume the clear answer of past real question is Yes, as my partner will join me personally toghetter to create a quick stop by at UK, and then we do want to apply for the EEA family license, totally free, then afther checking out the “apply” website link within the sentence “You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license” with this web site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit THEN we result in some type of cycle with the exact same concern about what kind of visa we must submit an application for and also to make an application for several types of visa’s, however the EEA familypermit is nowhere can be found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa no actual choice of EEA at “submit an application for a see or transportation visa” neither on “submit an application for all the other visas” I ended up in apply for an 6month visa for a fee of 110 euro afther I run the enormeous questionlist. Therefore in my experience, it is really not feasible to try to get an EEA family license regarding the website that is official. Can anybody assist? Many Thanks

Under most circumstances, your spouse will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, which will be similarly good) unless you are “exercising your right to free motion” within an EU/EEA country which can be perhaps maybe perhaps not your property nation (ie maybe perhaps not Belgium). If perhaps you were living/working (or had lived/worked) within an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it couldn’t make a difference which nation) then you definitely could be exercising that right and your spouse might get a card under Article 10 and travel to you to the British without having a visa or an EEA Family Permit. She would only require her very own national passport and her wedding certification.

For the 2nd concern, unfortuitously, the web system does not let me see just what alternatives you will be served with unless we produce a dummy account while making an application that is dummy. My understanding is the fact that there are two main problems:

whenever navigating the web site, it does not provide you with any choice to pick “EEA Family allow” until FOLLOWING an account has been created by you.

2) Even it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for “EEA Family Permit” after you have created an account,. From memory, in my opinion (but just think, because we can;t note that element of the website) that you must pick from the boxes the following answers in brackets:


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The internet site wizard should then show you through all of those other procedure without any indicator that you must spend a cost.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance aided by the office at home recently, and received an answer they “will observe your feedback up with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which can be the main office at home, and can make use of them to really make the content better if necessary” as well as a closing solution for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, 29, 2018 october


อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องที่ต้องการถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *